Monday, May 3, 2010

He hit the wall.

Some people have a soft spot for puppies. Other a weakness for a good sale. My soft spot has fluffy blonde hair and chubby little cheeks. Yep, my weakness is Hunter. You see, he is the baby that I wasn't sure I would get to have. From the time that Jackson was born my husband felt pretty secure that he was done having children. He said he just couldn't imagine loving another child as much as we loved Jackson. And I could see his point. But, I was willing to try. I will save the story of how my prayers were answered for another day.

So, back to my point. Hunter. He cries, I come running. Literally. If he wakes up from a bad dream, I just about break my neck to get to him. Matt says it's very entertaining to watch. I don't really know why I feel such an intensity to get to him. I just know that I feel it's MY baby and he is crying for ME! End of story.

The only problem with this is, I don't really wake up until I'm already in his bedroom. Take last night for example...Hunter cried. I came running. I scooped him up out of his bed and made our way into a spare bedroom. I was planning to calm him down and put him back to bed. Until....I smacked my sweet baby's head against the wall. Yep. Say it with me in your best Rudy Huxtable voice "I hit the wall". OH MY GAWD!

I don't know who began to cry louder. Probably me. And the worst part is, Hunter wasn't even really awake. So now he is groggy and his head hurts from what could be a concussion because I totally just rammed his sweet baby head into A WALL. What is wrong with me? See, I told you I don't get awake enough!

I screamed for help! Because what rational adult Mother doesn't scream for help in the middle of the night? Poor Matt. He thought I must have interupted a home burglary or intercepted a killer. He found me and Hunter sobbing on the floor. . .Somedays, I'll bet he wishes he married a History major. He put us back to bed and assured me that tomorrow we would both feel better.

So, I layed in bed with Hunter. Listening to him sniffle. Every sniffle cost me a tear. I know that we are both going to have to toughen up a little. But, (sob) Hunter is my baby. He is my weakness. So, you can have your good sales and cute puppies. I'll keep my blonde fluff and chubby cheeks.

By the way, He TOTALLY has a goose-egg on his noggin today. Yep, that is courtesy of his Mama. And her crazy ways.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor Hunter and poor Mommy! What a rough night. I hate it when the boys cry in the middle of the night and I jump out of bed to run to them only to find them completely asleep. But I guess that's what being a mom is all about.

    ReplyDelete