And alas, here we are...the last morning of quiet sips of coffee and 'what shall we do' today's. The wind-down of summer. Tomorrow will be first day photos and arm loads of tissues and glue sticks. It will be emergency contact forms and permission slips-homework and book covers. And, I'm sorry, but I'm sad. I'm not the least bit sad for them. This is a pity party for one and I've RSVP'd favorably.
Tomorrow we'll begin the fast loop around another year of their life and this year we'll have a new rider-our last rider. I've cried so many times when she's not looking. She is so excited and I'm excited for her. You see, I'm just a little sad for me. Because, here we go. I know this ride. I know how fast it goes. And then we're off. There is joy in having your children so far apart because you know how time slips away, but oh there is melancholy, too. Because you KNOW how time slips away. I love these little people. I love being their mother and while I know it's not I title I have to relegate, I know it's work that has to be out grown.
So, if you see me over the next few days and I have a tear in my eye, don't worry, it's just growing pains. Be good to them, world. And I'll try to teach them to be good to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment