Thursday, April 23, 2009

When I grow up...

I want to be less flighty, lol! I have always been a little scatterbrained, but lately I just can't seem to get my act together. Perhaps, I should backtrack a little bit. Yesterday morning began with the jolt of realizing that my car was not in it's usual parking space. I immediately feared the worst...My car has been stolen! But, as I calmed down I thought of the alternative. Maybe my car had just been towed. So, I quickly came back into the apartment and contacted the tow company that services our community. Yep, they had our van. Great. In my haste to get home the previous night I had forgotten to hang my handicapped placard (a holdover from my knee surgery) on the rear view mirror. Stupid.

So, that was certainly a great start to the day. But, God was good and quickly provided a friend that could take us to the tow lot. Fortunately, she also had two unused car seats in her car, so that they boys could be safe! Such a God thing! By this time, there was no way that Jackson could go to school, so we just decided to make a fun day of it. We went to buy our Circus tickets for Friday night. But, when we arrived at the Box office, we discovered that our coupon was only good for tonight's performance. Surprise!

So, we headed home to plan our day around our new outing! I had everyone almost ready to leave when I noticed that Hunter's hair looked kind of funny. I reached over to touch it only to find it covered in applesauce! Now, I knew what had happened to Jackson's afternoon snack. Silly me, I thought he ate it. Off to the bathtub, we certainly couldn't take our saucy baby to the circus like this...Are you laughing yet? Well, you'll love this...In the bathroom Hunter took his diaper off and peed on my foot. Yeah, it was that kind of day.

But, in the end we got to the Circus and we had a blast. I guess that a day like this will be funny someday. But, for right now, I would appreciate you laughing at me...I'm not ready to laugh with you, yet! Because this morning when I went to take Jackson to school...I locked my keys in the car. Aaaah, someday I will get my act together. Until then, I guess I'll just have to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment